close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wheres the ski bums?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fighterama, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Just have to see who lives it... I hit up Red mtn every winter with a pass, which is MECCA for touring. Great hill, usually try to squeeze 30-50 days a year. Whos a ski/board bum on here?

E

2. im more of a wakeboard bum than a snowboard bum. I usually only get out about 10-15 times a year. I usually dont have time during hte week because of school and the weekends are just too busy sometimes

3. I know of a place on long lake you can dock your boat at a nice house, welcome to hit it up anytime! Would dig hittin the wakeboarding a bit, but snow is my passion.

Anyone else?

E

4. ive never been to long lake but i hear its a great place to go for water sports. maybe i'll take it up there one of these times. Whos house is it?

5. Ill give ya 3 guesses.....

:nana

6. haha im a nerd...i'll just shut up now

7. I like to board, but didn't even make it up once last season. Damn weather was horrible. Where I live, I can make it up after work during the week, so it's easy to get some trips up there. Of course, it's only Snoqualmie, but it's something. Here's hoping for a better season.

8. I have been a snowboard instructor for 4 years at Mt. Spokane. Crappy little hill, but its close and great to teach people on. Where at on Long Lake are you? My aunt lives about 5 miles up from the Long Lake dam. I used to board out there a lot, but have kind of died of over the last 3 or 4 years.

9. cordodor

cordodor Retired

yeah, weather sucked last year for snow. i like to ski, but i'm not hardcore like that... I already have one expensive passion

10. Every time I go to Long lake to kneeboard, I get a sinus infection.... I wonder if it is from the sewage :tard:

11. Im right next to the nine mile resort. The sinus things are probably more of a function of large orifices in your sinus cavity combined with a high amount of organic material (read algae and weeds) in certain parts of the lake.

Always up for a dip myself, its not bad

E

12. So were you living there when that sewer incident happened? Man that was nasty. That shot down all my fishing and swiming plans last year.

13. No but my engine company was the first to show up, we were on shift the day after. Nasty ass deal, but nothin anyone could do about it. Plans are to move the turd plant east though, so thatd be nice. Funny part is, the water that comes out of the shitter there is cleaner than the water coming out of Hangman creek (more heavy metals, more pesticides, more toxic pollutants).

I still really like this lake, I think people give it a bad rap that it doesnt deserve. Water here is cleaner than loon/deer/eloika, all the north lakes, and WAY safer for humans than CdA with the mining damage.

E