close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who flipped the bike this AM on HWY99 ??

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Max_&_Blondie, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Heard it on news radio..?? They said "it" was cleaned up.. sounded nasty! :shock:

2. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

I saw something on the news about a couple riders in an accident, one ran into a pick-up truck...same wreck? I don't know, but it ain't good. They said both riders were killed. :pale:

3. Well, that cut short their budding GP racer careers, eh?? :tard:

4. Djoplin

Djoplin Investigates Alternative Destinations

On of the guys from work came through just after I did and saw it. Evidently some traffic coming on to 599 south forced a tractor trailer over and someone on a cruiser ended up off the road. Don't know the details though. I think I saw the bike as I was getting up to the 1st ave Bridge. Bike was on the road still just before the end of the guardrail and the rider was in the median. That's all I know so far. Gonna check skid marks on the way home. I go by there twice a day. See if I can figure out what happened.

5. Djoplin

Djoplin Investigates Alternative Destinations

Couldn't tell a whole lot on the way by. Saw some newer paint stripes where they might have been marking out the accident. Didn't see a whole lot of skid marks though. Hard to tell what happened. From what my coworker said, it didn't seem like the bike had a lot of damage on it. Not a bunch of piecies blown all over the hwy. May have low-sided to avoid the truck. Not sure.

6. 599 is an AWESOME freeway to open it up, especially in light/no traffic situations. But watch for PoPo. I grew up in that area (Des Moines) and worked right in Tukwila/Seatac on the blvd. Ghetto. anyway, hope rider was ok.

7. Ah I was thinkin you meant the sportbike on Aurora (like north of 45th) that went into a storefront window. I'm in Penn. for a while but my bro said he saw it, just said it was something yellow and it managed to go up over the curb and everything and through the picture window! :shock:

8. Red, I think that's the one.. the radio report said the bike flipped (probably high-sided and then flipped, or hit the curb and catapulted the rider) from what I could gather it sounded serious, maybe fatal

Don't fool around in heavy traffic, and don't ever get reckless on surface streets, too many things can go wrong for ya, fast.