close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who has the number "7" endorsement?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Who else has the number "7" as their motorcycle endorsement on the back of their Washington drivers license. I have it, wondering if anyone else does?

2. does it say anythig after the # 7???? Mine , 3-all motorcycle

3. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

keith got it (the old racer guy in the pacific raceway photos). i can't imagine myself ever having the desire to drive with a sidecar.

4. mine is 3 - two-wheel only
    This started a couple years ago. If I ever want a trike or a sidecar, I have to go back.

5. 7 is for Two-Wheeled and Three-Wheeled Motorcycles

Basically, it makes you legal to ride all sizes of motorcycles and sidecars.

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

cuz, y'know, i'll be wanting to ride one of them tricycle gold wings someday... wtf?

7. Ya know they do make a sidecar option for the 12...dont make me go through my pics to find it.

8. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

i don't wanna see it again! its digusting to see how they mudilated that 12.

9. What do you have to do to get the extra endorsement? I just got the 3 but think an old school bike with the sidecar would be sweet in the future (makes it easier to haul that keg around with you).

10. They have seperate testing for the three-wheeled bikes. As far as I understand, it's the same process as for two-wheeled.

11. I don't know about you guys,

But I felt rediculous taking a "test" from a guy who knew at best no more about bikes than me, and probably had less road miles.. the dumb riding test needs to be eliminated, it's just a way for the state to have a few more useless employees..

As to sidecars, there is one made in the old BMW/NAZI style, it's a "Ural" opposed twin, old style flat bias tires, black paint, etc.. would make a great cruising bike, especially if you have a furry friend who will behave in one. I'm not sure Clovis the insult Rottie would behave, but I know he would enjoy the 'ell out of it!

12. And Ural makes one that uses the wheel on the side car as a second drive wheel.

13. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

I'm going to have to buy an old ATV 3-wheeler and slap some slicks and some lights on it, supermoto style!

14. They sell'em that way in Norway street legal....

15. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

:!:

Cool! In the case of ATVs though, I'd probably have to go 4-wheel and slap some slicks on a Banshee, get some serious 2-stroke horsepower goin'!

16. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

I gots END 7! I got it for free, the state was giving them out for free as long as you had END 3. They where only doing it for about 2 months for free. Now you have to take riding course test to recieve the Endorsement.

17. I agree the state should do away from having their own test and just make it mandate that everyone take an MSF course to get their endorsement. Would boost the MSF funds and make for better educated riders. When I first got my endorsement back in 1986, yes I said 1986, it was a 10 minute written test followed by an even shorter lot course. For those who have not taken the experienced MSF class I highly reccomend it. I have been riding motorcuycles since I was four years old. Streetbikes legaly since I was 16. Recently, a female friend of mine wanted to take the experienced course and asked if I would do it with her. I was amazed at some of the really bad habits I had picked up over the years....

Curt

18. Anything to get the government out of it.. :?

19. I do it says two and three wheeled motorcycles. My previous license had a # 3 though, but i renewd mine a year ago and got the 7.

20. I earned my endorsement after the grandfathering period for 3 to 7. Bah. I suppose when I'm old enough to have to ride with a sidecar, I can find time to take the blasted test.