close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who rides with a back protector?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jun 26, 2005.

1. I'm not talking about the speed humps that are built into some of these jackets...and not the simple back armor which is a huge flat piece of somethin'...

I mean who actually rides with a spine/back protector underneath their leathers?

I've been looking at the Vanson one, but it is more of a back padding than full spine armor...but just havent broken down and gotten anything yet.

2. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I wore my Icon protector on Saturday and she worked out perfect. The fit was great along with the comfort. I didnt really notice it was there so I guess that means she did her job well half of it anyways the other half I hope I never have to use lol...I think it was $100

3. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

astars tech whenever i'm doing some serious riding. otherwise, i've got the big plastic back pad in the jacket. better than the foam stuff they come with...

4. I ride with a Dainese BackSpace back protector all the time. Don't even notice it's there, but I'm glad it is!

5. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

gonna get one soon.

6. I wear a Dianese but before you buy a new one look at the Bohn - if you'd like to wear mine some day let me know I have two of them, you're welcome to borrow it for a ride - you only have one spine - much newer technology - more comfortable and better design - wait until you get to Laguna - every vendor in the world will be there and you can buy them at good prices and tell them to ship it home ( empty box) and you won't pay any tax -

Steve

7. Can anyone recommend a good back protector suitable for sport touring: comfortable for 500 mile days under winter riding apparel?

8. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Bill...My icon is great for just that. I think we rode maybe 3-400 miles the other day and the icon felt great

9. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i've heard the bohn protectors are good. and they make different kinds for different purposes...

http://www.bohnarmor.com/

10. That Bohn armor looks nice...gonna have to do more research. Berde...do you have one at your place??

11. Blondie has one for dirt riding but It'll be a fight to get her to wear it under her leathers. I definitely will wear one if I get a sportbike and ride harder..

12. I use an ICON also, & it fits great under my speedmaster + can do an all dayer in comfort.

13. Talked to a friend of mine, he said that Bohn stuff is top notch BUT if you already have leathers you might have a fit issue. If you're getting new leathers, wear your back protector while being measured / fitted for the new leathers.

So now I'm in a bit of a quandry.

14. I wear my A* Tech everytime I ride on the track but not as often as I should on the street. It's pretty comfortable but does tend to ride up a bit.

J