close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

who wants to take my track day spot?

Discussion in 'Westside' started by jezterr, Jun 5, 2005.

1. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i've got bent rotors. and i can't do proper braking at anything above 70mph.

so on june 13th, i won't be able to participate in the "trial" track day that i had signed up for, unless, by some miracle, i get some new rotors before then.

i don't want to be the guy who signed up then didn't show up, so i'm thinking someone could take my spot. this "trial" track day consists of attending the beginner's orientation, and an opportunity to participate in two of the morning track sessions. it's basically a way for people to sample a track day and find out more about nesba and possibly sign up for future track days.

this is being held at pacific raceways. there's no charge. and the only requirement is that your bike is in top shape with decent tires. i would suggest bringing your basic tools and a roll of masking tape.

if anyone's interested, i'll find out if you can take my spot for that day. you can find out more info at www.nesba.com.

2. Hm, the chicky is outa town that weekend.... Might be interesting to bring the princess over. If you dont get any westside takers or hardcore trackday junkies, I might be in. Or just got get some rotors!

E

3. what are the requirements for the personal protection gear? the bike, tires, day off, and masking tape i have...

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

one piece or two piece leathers that zip together. aerostitch is acceptable...

as quoted from their manual...

PERSONAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED
    o Helmet, full-face DOT, SNELL, or European standard approved, with
    eye protection. No flip-up helmets allowed.
    o Leather or textile riding suits (i.e., Cordura, Kevlar, or Aerostich-type).
    No textile suits will be allowed in the Advanced class. Two-piece suits
    must zip together; full circumference is required.
    Airmesh-style suits (where you can see your skin through
    them) will NOT be permitted.
    o Two pairs of jeans will be allowed for the Intro class only
    o Sturdy over-the-ankle leather boots
    o Leather gauntlet-type gloves
    o Back protector (strongly recommended)

5. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

what all are you missing?

6. have...

Arai helmet
    Joe rocket gloves
    Icon motorhead jacket
    Icon streetwear jeans
    Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 pants
    Alpinestar boots

but the jacket and pants don't zip together

7. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i think you're fine with the pants, since they'll let doubled jeans for the intro class. and that's what this spot is for. it's not for the whole day. only two 20 minute sessions. if you go the rest of the day, i'm sure you'd have to pay the trackday fee. if anyone needs a place to crash, my apartment's 10-15 minutes from the track.

8. hmmm... very interesting... we may have to chat more about this... are you planning on coming to our get together...if we have one this week?

9. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

definitely going to try.

10. I don't know if the spot is taken, but I've been itching to try a track out. I have Monday free and the prerequisite equipment. I've never ridden on a track before, but my riding buddy is a track nut, and always encouraging me to try it out. Let me know if I can have the spot, otherwise I might just ride out there Monday morning and see if they'll let me on.