close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why is everything oem for the 12 backordered?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jun 9, 2005.

1. This is a sad state of mind the beans has gone into...sad I tell you, sad.

Stealership called me yesterday saying oem parts required to change out my fork oil and bearings for my steering column are backordered.

Then RonAyers.com called me today saying part of my $1500 order is backordered for who knows when.

I may not be riding to Laguna after all...and I have no motorcycle to ride...insult to injury.

2. Thats bad news beans. I have been there before, had my bike out of commission for a month two years ago waiting on a set of fork tubes.

3. We can rebuild him....

If you want, We can get you back on the road in modified fashion while everything comes in. Just gonna take a few days and some parts. You ready to do it?

E

4. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

I heard that motorcycles this summer are more popular than ever...

5. Hey Beans I smell something funny,is that the smell of a NEW BIKE!!!! Get on it, you should be able get new bike and have it broken in by the time you want go down to Laguna. GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vtr2:

6. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Rationalization is the best! Do it!

7. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Get the 10-R, Kawasaki-boy! DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

8. SuperStreebike magazine just awarded the 10-R the best Hooligan bike of the last year. Fast as hell, and ornery as hell!

DO IT!

9. KCander

Seriously, I just re-read your message more carefully, missed the part about not being able to go to Seca the first time...damn that really sucks dude. You really ought to take Figherama up on that offer man. It would really suck to miss out on MotoGP. Hey, I'd loan you my other bike, but it's an Interceptor 250, wouldn't survive a 2000-mile round trip. Do whatcha gotta do to get some wheels and get down to Seca, me and SilverDawg will save you a coldie.

10. That should be "SilverDawg and I will save you a coldie" you English major! :mrgreen:

I talked to Eric (Fighterama) on the phone for a good 45 minutes yesterday evening to explore some options for streetfightering the 12.

Other concerns are the bearings in the steering columns more so than the fork job. I ordered some better aftermarket bearings that are tapered for the Kawi (turns out Kawi is the only mfgr who makes ball bearings, whereas Suzuki uses the race tapered better bearings) and use those with the oem filters and I'm good to go. But getting things here in the meantime.

I might get a hold of mcjunky and see what Westside has in stock on new bikes.

11. SilverDawg and KCander will not save the coldie for long. They seam to go fast around us. Make haste with the repairs or a new purchase!

12. KCander

That was just an expression...I'm sure he didn't think we were ACTUALLY gonna save him a coldie!

13. KCander

Touche', be-yotch.

Good point, gonna be tough to get all those parts shipped and installed in less than a month, even without all the backorder problems. You definitely don't want to half-ass it and have a breakdown halfway to Cali. Good luck dude...and keep that 10-R in mind :mrgreen:

14. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

trade it in already. get a 10.