close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Windy Ridge ride question

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Superfuzz, Feb 22, 2005.

1. As I worked on the bike today and pondered the coming spring, I thought about finally going up to Windy Ridge on my next ride to Mt St Helens. Then, as I watched the news tonight, I learned there have been "startling new activity and developments" in the crater. Does anyone know if, with all the activity on the mountain, the Windy Ridge Observation Point and the road to it are even going to be open this year?

I always chickened out on the ride up to Windy Ridge because I didn't think my old Superhawk had the range to get there and back to the nearest gas station. Now that I have a VFR, I am going to be so fried if they close the road and observation point.

Of course I 'spose they could leave it open and I could be there when the big eruption hits; in which case I actually would be fried! :lol: Ahahahahahahaha! OH! I'll be here all week! Try the veal and don't forget to tip your waitress. Goodnight!

2. Hey...Superfuzz...did we meet one afternoon at a gas station in Ellensberg, WA??? I was trailering my 999 and you were on your way home? We talked to eachother a few times over the phone trying to work out a ride/track day. I misplaced your number and everytime you left me a message, you did not leave your number. Let's get back in touch (If this is you)

3. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

I've got a brand new 50 cent piece for the waitress and it's all hers if she hurries, but I'm going to be timing her. :wink:

-Guff

4. The road to Windy Ridge, FS99, is closed at the junction with the FS25 road. The 25 road is open though, but right now it is a groomed snowmobile trail. Hwy 504 on the west side remains closed at Coldwater Ridge.

5. WTF? I don't get it-your out there tonight bro-

6. Does this explain it...

7. Ok-had cavities filled today and I had to get pain meds cause they hit a nerve or something-vicodin and reading probably not a good combo-guess I am the one out there :lol:

8. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

Beans hit it.

-Guff