close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wu! Wraps here for the PNW riders! hit me up for any info/ q's about vinyl wrapping

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Wu Wraps, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Sup,

My names Mark Wu and i'm Wu! Wraps. been wrapping stuff in vinyl for about 2.5yrs now. no shop, just working on stuff from home. so no i don't sell parts/ complete bikes, etc... just wrap your existing parts. couple buddies told me about this site a while ago but i wasn't sure about advertising on here until now. i've noticed more peeps hittin me up for quotes/jobs to wrap bike parts lately so i figured i'd get on here and let you guys know wassup.

the purpose of this thread is to answer any questions about what i do, vinyl products used on bikes, what you can & can't wrap, and how much it cost to do various things. feel free to ask anything and everything that you wanna know about this stuff...

i will post up pics of bike stuff i wrap from here on out so you guys have some examples of what stuff look like as well.

mark wu
    Wu! Wraps
    206-707-6491
    wuwraps@gmail.com
    southseattle/skyway

2. finished these up today. some honda cbr600rr parts wrapped in 3m 1080 carbon fiber. some parts were scratched up and chipped so i had to sand some areas smooth. came out great! some small complex shapes to wrap on this setup. did the mirrors in 2 parts with lots of 3m primer 94 on all edges & seam area. didn't turn out bad at all. awaiting owner pick up! Wu! Wraps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. kawasaki ninja full fairing set wrap. owner bought the vinyl from a well known bike skin co. online, www.bikeskinz.com. i'm not 100% sure but i think the materials is printed on 3m ij-180c with a overlaminate. material has air release so it's not too bad to instal however the overlaminate makes the vinyl a bit thicker and a little harder to stretch. all is going well, i'm 8hrs into this job and have the tank left to go & trimming out all holes and such. prob got another 2-3hrs into this job. lining up the design is not the easiest thing in the world... but the designer did make lots of extra excess so you don't need to worry about coming up short somewhere. but i did have to piece together the front nose out of some scraps and such. Wu! Wraps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. vespa parts done in 3m 1080 carbon fiber. came out great! also windscreen smoked in oracal 8300, still needs some cure time in this pic. came out great! owner is diggin tha new look! Wu! Wraps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. couple small gsxr parts done in 3m 1080 carbon fiber. came out great! didn't take too long, maybe 1hr or less to do these. owner likes them a lot, looked like the original black finish was getting pretty worn out in spots so i assume this is way he wanted to get them wrapped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. cbr parts are mine. great job Mark! should have them on the bike soon. good guy and great alternative to repainting rashed fairings.

7. thought i'd put up some more pics from a while ago:

Buell Firebolt XB9R carbon fiber wrap

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. GSXR 1000 carbon fiber wrapped fairings

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ducatti monster carbon fiber wrapped

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. suzuki gsxr 600 carbon fiber wrapped

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. yamaha banshee carbon fiber wrap 3m 1080

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Does the carbon fiber wrap cost significantly more than standard outdoor vinyl? Is it a lot harder to apply?

Excellent work btw! Wrapping complex corners and keeping them clean is not easy!

13. kzam: yes the 3m 1080 carbon fiber is way more $$. a 5x5 is around $100-$120.
    3m di-noc vinyl is 4x5 around $100-$160 depending on the type.

3m 1080 is pretty much just like applying 3m 180c or a cast vinyl with a overlam.
    3m di-noc vinyl is pretty hard to apply, it has a lot more plastic in it and is rated at a 4/6mil so stretching and complex corners are much more challenging.

thanks for the q's and comments!

14. a lil job i sqeezed into my evening today. 2002 honda cbr600 parts. came out great! the side parts were wrapped in 3 parts and look great! the rear under fairing was a bit tricky but i got it pretty good! this job took about 3.5-4hrs to do. Wu! Wraps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. been working on this one on and off while i have free time btwn life and other jobs. yamaha banshee fairings wrapped in 3m 1080 gloss black metallic. so far so good! got 1 more piece to go on this job. pretty complex shapes here... nothing on this guy is easy. no piece is done in 1 continuous piece of material. this is where skills of cutting/seams come into play. the white and red areas will be painted black by the owner. got about 5/6hrs into this project, can't remember for sure... the gloss black is as always very glossy & the pearl comes thro real nice, not the greatest lighting inside tho... will try to get the last part done tmrw evening and back in owners hands sometime thur. Wu! Wraps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ust some pics of a completed job. total job time was around 8hrs for these parts... not easy! Wu! Wraps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. suzuki hayabusa full wrap in 3m 1080 carbon fiber. got the nose piece done today. i have about 3.5hrs into this job so far, that's cleaning/prep to this point. also brought 2 parts to my local bodyshop down the street to get the area btwn the bronze and silver paint sanded smooth (was a hard line there). the nose was a pretty complex wrap. went side to side starting in the middle. then made a seam at the tip of the lower nose so the other side would fold over it a bit. also there are a couple patches in the air vent area, no way in hell you can wrap this part in 1 solid piece of vinyl! i think the tail fairing is gonna be the hardest part to wrap of the pieces. Wu! Wraps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. update: 10hrs deep into this project so far. so far so good! front fender was a nightmare, but results are good to go! still got the rear fairing to go! hopefully it will be all done by tmrw evening. will also be doing some black touchup paint in the screw hole areas for a super clean finish! Wu! Wraps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]