close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yamaha R1 versus a Porsche

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, May 1, 2005.

1. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

i'm curious about this video. first, we remember Fifth Gear's contest between the 999 and the 500hp Lambo, in which the 999 won, though not by too much.

second, that Lambo has gotta be faster than the Porshe, and probably lighter, though i haven't done my research.

i just don't see a porshe like that eating up an R1 so easily... what was obvious was the bias that the show had, the guy seemed to hate bikes.

any thoughts?

2. Yeah, I think it was a little bias....I know the car will have better traction...but a standard Carrera is NOTHING special when it comes to sports cars...and we didn't see that bike "backing it" into any corners or drifting outta any corners. In fact, it didn't seem like he was trying that hard. That bike shoulda pulled much harder outta those corners and especially on those straits towards the finish line. That just my opinion.

3. cordodor

cordodor Retired

Jeremy Clarkston of Top Gear is really partial to cars. I dont know that he "hates" bikes, but if there is anything he can do to make a car beat a bike, he'll set it up that way. James May on the other hand is an avid motorcycle rider, but he doesn't speak up in that piece...

4. Yeah i guess that vid is bias. I can ride that fast. at least I think i can :wink:

5. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i hate that guy. he's retarded. BUT cars can take corners better than us. the nice cars, anyway.