close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

You know you're addicted to Spiral Highway when...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jun 7, 2005.

1. ...you print up the Spiral Highway satellite ariel view off your computer, and then label the turns with numerical numbers, and memorize them.

I was at fast_lcf's place in Pullman, and he did just that. He printed up the map and hung it on his wall. He then has all the turns labeled. He begins to tell me how turn 4 and turn 6 are this and that and I'm like what the hell, how do you know which turns are which numbers, this isn't MotoGP. Then he shows me the map...sigh...

Addicted to Spiral...

How do you know when you're addicted to Spiral?

2. you are addicted...and i'm sorry to say that there is only one antidote...

1) you must move here and take my place
    2) I will move there and suffer with your same affliction

that way while i'm enjoying the sunny weather and "spiral highway" you can move here to seattle to enjoy the rain and what were just rated (by a major insurance company) 163th crackup: on the safest drivers list...that is to say the cracker jack coorperation has finished their run of putting washington state driver's liscenses in there carmel corn boxes because the mission has been accomplished.

look forward to confirming dates for our transfers

3. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

You know your addicted when your riding up the spiral and you realize you had to be at work 2 hours ago...

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

out of 164 cities... drivers out here suck balls.

and when i lived out in moscow, i did spiral on my 1 hour lunch once in a while and had 10 minutes to spare by the time i got back... :mrgreen:

and leif, dude, go to a track. if you stop wrecking your bike, maybe you'll save enough for a track day, buddy.

5. fast_lcf

fast_lcf Palouse Pirate

hey man i love spiral. as soon as i get a new bike i well go to the track.i think even than i wood still go to spiral. + i do not have the $ 4 track days.what is it like 100+ and than tiers. hole shit man that is a lot of Fing $ man. do they change tires 4 free or do they make to pay 4 it ? + spiral highway is were i learand to ride and evey time i go there i get better. and that is my little pace of heaven. i go there i vent win im piss off.and you can go there ween ever the hell you want to. i have only seen one pig there. and that was win me you and leon were runing from the pigs. o yes the good dayz :thumbrig:

SPIRAL HIGHWAY
    (it is all most better that eating pussy :la:)

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

about $150 for most trackdays and yes, they usually change your tires for you without charge... BUT you won't get the instruction at spiral as you would at a track day, and you'll never hit triple digits as often as you would on a track. at spiral, there's no ambulances on standby, there's no comraderie (sp), just cops to watch out for, cows to avoid, cagers to pass, cliffs to fall off of, gravel to slide on, rails and poles to smack into, and no buddies to help take you home in case of a getoff.

don't get me wrong, i love spiral as much as the next dude, but don't treat it like your own personal track, man. that's just asking for trouble. i just don't wanna read about some guy in a tigger outfit on a black gsxr600 that went down on spiral... again (how many times have you wrecked that thing, anyway?)...

7. ...when the rumble of your engine while powering thru turns almost gets you off. :wink:

8. :shock:

9. Sounds like you need to hit the throttle a little harder...