close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zach's 2005 ZX-6R

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Niiiccee!! Silver is cool, but did you know that the blue 6r is faster?? hahah!

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

nice pics. trixie started a trend with taking pictures while rolling...

get some gloves.

3. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

OUCH!!! no gloves??? you go down and your gonna have to mod the grips for hooks...

4. i only wear my gloves at night or when its cold.

blue is faster up until what....48ish mph? :D only like 350 miles or so left though right? then itll be like 65-70ish for another couple hundred miles :)

5. Trust me, when you grind your fingers down to the knuckle, you'll want those gloves...and it'll be too late. At LEAST wear mesh gloves...Firstgear makes good ones.

And boots..get decent boots. Sneakers just aren't enough, if the inevitable happens. Trust me.

As an EMT years an' years ago, I responded to more than a few 'biker down' calls, and quite a lot of them involved riders not wearing the proper gear/clothing. Everything from simple roadrash (it's never really "simple") to amputated limbs, cuncussions, broken bones..the works.

Get the gear. It's worth it.

ZX

6. :werd

That includes Idaho and the no helmet law. Yesss... I know I did it the other night during bike night... tisk tisk... but on the same EMAT note... I had to call our chief and ask how to get rid of chunks of hair, brains, and shreds of skin out of trees and off the road. It's not something you screw around with.

7. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

LOL you just cant tell some people...When they go down and they will, they will learn lol...

8. +1

9. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I believe mine is the fastest putting down 114 to the ground :nana

10. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

hello? mcfly? are you serious?

[​IMG]

11. for a sec there, I thought that was a calzone from Stellas in Pullman.

12. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

that's dirty, man.

13. how much of an effort is it to wear gloves? you burn like what...2 calories doing it. You waste more energy starting your bike then you do putting on gloves

14. I second this and can relate as a current emt

15. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Some people heads are just too thick or they think hey I am just going to the store what could happen. Or gee I dont even ride hard I wont go down lol well whats the point of riding then lol...

I have a buddy back home wears a nice helmet a $500 jacket but only shorts and shoes with no socks :scratchea wtf are you kidding me, whats the point I ask him, makes no sense...

Do people know where skin graphs come from?

16. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

i can ride faster when i'm in gear. when you got leathers on your subconsciously not so scared, or something. all i need now is a spine protector and to sew my leathers so they zip together and i'll be golden.

17. my gloves restrict my hands so i cant feel the throttle as well and my shifts are shittier or something i dunno i cant explain it.