close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ZX12 is faster than an RC51?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Can you believe this? The ZX12 is faster than my friend's RC51. I could have sworn they said the RC51 was capable of 205mph.

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

isn't the rc51 considered a 'litre bike?'

i've never seen any rc51s in the top speed charts. where'd you hear it can go that fast? maybe some race-ready versions... but definitely not stock...

3. I was strictly joking bro haha...the infamous bike that got pulled over for 205 was an RC51. Where have you been at? Havent heard of it I suppose?

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

you didn't reference it.

yeah, i heard about that. stupid people. i wonder whatever happened to that guy. i hope he got a lawyer, because that's b.s.

wait... was that you, beans?

5. He had a Monday court date... haven't heard anything. Here is an old press release... http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5041608.html

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

"...don't want to give motorcyclists a bad name..."

then you shouldn't have been riding at 100+mph on the public road, dipshit.

7. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

Sometimes you just have to open it up. :lol: On a side note, I'm not sure of too many non-public roads you can open it up on (besides tracks). I also don't think hauling ass gives all motorcyclists a bad name though. That would be like saying a guy doing 205 in a Lab. would give all Lab. drivers a bad name... nah, just gives the individual a bad name... depending on the circle he/she is discussed in. :wink:

-Guff

8. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

BUT the fact that he was caught is what makes it worse for us (i should've added). we all open it up. but there's a time and place and when there's someone there to bust you, it's the wrong time and place. now that this has been publicized, all those people who've never even touched a motorcycle will frown down on anything that has two wheels because it invites "bad behavior" such as this. that's why that lady in the suv you just passed on the freeway is giving you a dirty look. that's why our mothers are so frightened for us. that's why the popo tend to pay a little more attention to us. these bad things that happen and get into the media is all the general public ever sees about motorcycles. they don't understand why we like them. they don't understand that it makes our every day commute that much more interesting. all they understand is that people die on motorcycles because of the type of behavior they hear about. and it's always the bad things that they hear about...

don't contribute to the bad behavior...

9. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

just as an example, i went on a lone wolf ride out to elbe, near mt rainier today (nice roads, by the way). on the way back, i was behind this pickup truck with a full load of firewood. he was taking the twisties at about 20mph when i wanted to be going more around 45. but being the pansy rider that i am, i just sat behind him until i saw some dashed lines. before those dashed lines came up, he pulled over to the side and waved me by. i was absolutely thankful and started to wave to him but as i came around, he yelled out 'goddamn bikers!' and i was like wtf?? i wasn't doing anything wrong. i wasn't speeding, i wasn't tailgating him, i wasn't doing anything bad at all. but he assumed that i was speeding and tailgating and being an all out hooligan, all because i was on a bike. and i'll be naive enough to think that it's because of what he's heard about bikes... if i was a car, he wouldn't have given a rat's ass, but he singled me out all because i was on two wheels...

sorry about the rant, but think of the repercussions on the grand scale about your actions, when you're out enjoying your wonderful toys...

10. jezterr.. been there.. had my buddies wife complain that i was following too close.. (maybe for a 18wheeler), but had to explain the ability of the bike.. and her slow reaction time.. and had a old lady thank me for opening the door for her "never thought a biker would open the door for me" ?? just a whole lot of bad publicity... mainly from the "good ole days" of the hells angles.

11. eric

eric Slow Eric

I don't believe you.

Oly ZX likes this.
  12. Oly ZX

Oly ZX Daytime Adventure Seeker

You've never ridden a 12 :nana

13. eric

eric Slow Eric

I don't believe you.

14. Thats actually pretty funny:mfclap:

15. Oly ZX

Right on.:mrgreen:

16. A buddy of mine back in Tacoma had an RC a few years ago. He claimed his RC would do over 200 (on the speedo). I know he had a full exhaust and a I think a power commander for it. He was a pretty credible guy and he never talked shit, unless it was true that I knew of. Said home boy weighed about 260 though...

17. I had a recent experience like that when on my R1 with full black textile suit shopping a Target for Christmas presents. From the moment I walked in, the security guard narrowed her eyes and observed me everywhere I went. As I was leaving, she gave me the eye again.

In the parking lot, I noticed a woman's wallet on the ground. I picked it up and went back into the store to the security guard who had a very apprehensive look on her face, as if to say to herself "Now, here comes trouble!"

When I handed her the wallet and said some woman must have dropped it in the lot and could she try to return it to her, the security guard's mouth kinda dropped and her demeanor changed to one of relief and warmth. She didn't know how to react and just nodded and said "Thanks!"

We just look like trouble.

But, as I was getting on the bike to leave, an attractive middle-aged woman walking into the store nodded and said, "Nice bike!"

18. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

eric, you're fired for bringing this thread up.

19. eric

eric Slow Eric

What am I fired from? On who's authority? I wasn't getting paid before, so at least my wages aren't being cut...

20. Oly ZX

crackup: